When looking for furniture the ultimate question appears when deciding on the upholstery, leather or fabric? There is a lot to be said about leather and its qualities. Leather has always held the status of being more expensive and creates the worry of whether it will withstand the test of children and pets. We may have some tips that would set these myths at ease.
One of the outstanding lines of leather furniture that is offered at Houseworks is American Leather. With a diverse selection of colors and grades of leather you are bound to find a combination of these factors that fit your wallet and taste.
Busting the myths about Leather
- Leather is a low maintenance product
- Under normal usage/conditions, regular dry-cloth dusting and vacuum cleaning in crevices or along the bottom is all that is necessary to clean your furniture.
- The use of a good leather conditioner is recommended every 6-12 months.
- Protect your furniture from sun and direct light. Like any upholstery material, leather can fade to some degree if exposed to the sun.
- Although it is a mixed opinion on whether Leather is a green product new methods are in place in how leather is manufactured.
- Leather is a sustainable product-it is biodegradable and is not processed with any chemicals that are harmful to the earth
- Leather beauty increases with age
- Leather lasts four times longer than fabric
- It is a natural, breathable material, making it cool in the summer and warm in the cool months
- Distinctive marks on the leather are natural markings and show character-these do not indicate flaws in the product-Rather highlighting the integrity and beauty of a natural product
- American Leather offers two types of Eco Leather
- Elmo Soft-Swedish full top grain, know for its supple hand and no visible natural markings. With an even heavier protection, this leather has an organic, contract-grade finish that withstands heat and fire testing
- Eco-taken from Northern European hides, uses a chrome-free process for a soft, natural feel, free of chemicals. Eco leathers are best know for their use in cars such as Bentley and Ferrari-Vroooom!