Of course Dad cherishes the handmade cards and construction-paper ties the little ones create for him.
But wouldn’t you love to be the one who wows him with something a little more sophisticated? We’ve gathered some ideas for your particular papa here at Houseworks.
1. Show Pops some love and help him take his fierce gaming skills old school with our BonBon XOXO Game for a new take on tic-tac-toe.
2. The best gift of all this Father’s Day might be time to rest, relax, and recharge. Broken in does not mean broken down with the Comfort Recliner, and this may be the only day Dad doesn’t have to compete with the rest of the family to reserve the coziest spot in the house. The elegant take on a living room staple comes in leather, a variety of fabrics, or Ultrasuede.
3. Shine a little light on your father’s finer points with this Silva lamp. The rich wood tones and strong lines add a very masculine flair to thoroughly modern décor.
4. Encourage Dad to dream, plan, and travel with the modern Mapster. The tri-panel flat relief of the planet will showcase his love of adventure.
5. Throw a Don Draper soiree to celebrate Dad complete with slick suits, narrow ties and classy cocktails, served on the colorful Torque Coaster Set.
1. Kitchen utensils don’t have to be quaint. This silver and black utensil caddy looks more artful than practical, but rest assured, Dad will work his culinary magic in style.
2. An iPad in the kitchen calls for an iSpoon for the chef. The custom handle allows him to consult his cooking apps without leaving messy fingerprints all over the screen.
3. Uncompromising taste in vino calls for our Napa Wine Rack. The contemporary design is perfect for your elegant wine connoisseur.
4. Black with a hint of color is a stylish combo for a man’s wardrobe, and it works in the kitchen as well. Joseph Joseph goes high-fashion with this knife set.
5. Whether he prefers to carry out or create his own when it comes to pizza, this colorful cutter is razor sharp and never wobbly, so he’ll serve up perfect slices every time.
1. Wall and blotter calendars fall absolutely flat next to the sculptural essence of the Perpetual Calendar. A unique dad deserves a unique way to mark the passage of time.
2. Add a little fun to his coffee break with a genuine Scrabble mug. Choose “D” for Dad, or select his first initial, complete with point value.
3. Save Dad the trouble of always searching for an adapter and an available outlet when his phone dies. The sleek Pixo desk lamp features a USB port for charging his phone, iPod and other electronics.
4. The Skyline Office Board can double as a cool place to keep crucial items on Dad’s to-do list or a piece of contemporary art when the work’s all done.
5. Turn his book collection into décor with the stronger-than-it-looks Conceal L shelf. He’ll be amazed by the gravity-defying design and the space he’ll gain without bulky shelving units.